To keep up with the highly competitive environment and evolving customer needs, companies are going digital, adopting cloud, Internet of Things, big data analytics, and mobility to increase their efficiency and performance. However, as they move to these advanced technologies, several companies are facing problems due to the rigidity and complexity of their existing enterprise networks. This article examines how enterprise networking is evolving and how it is helping businesses in the current scenario.
What Is Enterprise Networking?
Enterprise networking is the software backbone for facilitating an organization’s communications and connecting computers and devices throughout departments. It consists of a mesh of endpoints, including computers, mobile devices, IoT devices, servers, etc., network devices, such as – routers, bridges, repeaters, firewalls, switches, storage, etc., and communications protocols, such as – LANs, WANs to enable simple and effective information exchange among an enterprise’s business units, users and trading partners.
Just installing a Wi-Fi router in your company is not enough to make it work. You need to install specially designed tools from wireless specialists that will connect all the remote departments and ensure your workers carry out reliable and secure communication with outside websites on the Internet.
Why is it more than just a collection of Wi-Fi Access Points?
An enterprise-grade wireless network is more than just a collection of Wi-Fi Access Points. It connects you to the Internet and ensures smooth data transfers within the organization by linking different devices.
What makes it so secure?
Enterprise Networking is considered very secure because it uses data encryption that protects communication with websites even outside a LAN. For this purpose, firewall software for setting standards has to be used, and rules are made barring websites that pose a threat to the enterprise network. Also, within the system, the endpoint devices, such as computers and mobile devices, are given identification numbers and verified credentials that ensure the maximum safety level of corporate data exchange.
Future-Ready Enterprise Networking to meet the challenges of advanced technologies
As discussed earlier, companies are adopting advanced technology rapidly, so to meet the challenges of such technologies, enterprise networking has to be future-oriented. It is being achieved in the following ways:
- Focus is on Flexibility: The focus of the enterprise networking companies has shifted from static, equipment-centric network deployment and management to a flexible, dynamic, on-demand approach that will rapidly customize services to meet business demands.
- Enhancing network virtualization capabilities: Companies will be able to deploy and manage network resources on-demand, without having physical access to switches or routers. This will reduce costs and enhance the user experience
- Simplifying network management for greater efficiency: Innovators are working on enhancing intelligence at the network’s edge to optimize data traffic flow and policy enforcement without compromising enterprise networks’ security and quality.
- Enhancing Security: Companies are also working on monitoring and responding to network security threats in real-time so that network can be protected from increasingly sophisticated security threats.
Benefits of Enterprise Social Networking for Businesses
The key benefit of enterprise networking is enhancing corporate communication.
- It speeds up messaging and allows multiple people to work on a project remotely and simultaneously.
- It helps improve your company’s brand awareness, helps spread shared values, and enhances internal social networking skills among your employees.
- Establishes the platform for internal training.
- It helps businesses achieve more control over corporate environment dynamics through user metrics.
- It provides a secure environment for decision-making with an enterprise.
- It establishes a sustainable structure that protects each informational exchange.
- It speeds up organizations’ routine operations.
All these factors make the enterprise networking market extremely important for businesses.
Are you considering getting Enterprise Networking for your business?
Before getting enterprise networking for your business, it is important to understand your corporate needs, tasks, and organizational goals. Besides that, do proper research on the devices’ diversity and complexity, possible security concerns, and improvement areas in your existing enterprise network. By having these points clear, you’ll be able to measure the effectiveness of your new enterprise networking system and enjoy its complete benefits.